Mount Tabor is a Methodist Camp Meeting community founded in 1869, which evolved from seasonal tent platforms, to permanent summer cottages, to a year-round residential community by the middle of the 20th century. This community of small cottages is remarkably intact, including many cottages which retain a high degree of integrity, many with ornate millwork. HMR produced a Historic Preservation Master Plan followed by a National Register Nomination for Mount Tabor. The Master Plan provided an interim step that defined the district through comprehensive survey and evaluation of the boundaries and period of significance, while helping to build public support for the state listing. The report also included design guidelines to assist homeowners interested in historically appropriate repairs. The district was listed on the State and National Register in 2014. Each phase of this project has received public grant funding.