This Romanesque Revival church was built in 1884 for the oldest catholic parish in New Jersey. Central to the preservation of the structure was the investigation of the existing conditions and the development of recommendations. Special consideration was given to the preservation of irreplaceable fresco paintings on the ceilings and upper walls. Based on the recommendations a new cooling system was installed and additional restoration work was performed at the exterior. This project received public grant funding.Photography: Hunter Research, Inc.